Christmas Cookie Rocks
I’m not afraid to admit this title makes me giggle a little. Christmas Rocks. So many connotations! (Blushing) Shall we begin?
3 c All-purpose flour
1 tb Unsweetened cocoa
3/4 ts Baking soda
1 ts Cinnamon
1 ts Mace
1 ts Nutmeg
1/2 ts Ground ginger
1/2 ts Allspice
1/4 lb Candied pineapple
1/4 lb Citron
1/4 lb Candied orange peel
1/4 lb Pitted dates
1/4 lb Figs
1/4 c Dried or candied cherries
1 lb Chopped pecans
1 c Raisins
1/2 c Dried currants
1 c Unsalted butter, softened
1 1/2 c Sugar
1 tb Cold, strong coffee
1. Preheat 350 F.
2. Sift flour, cocoa, baking soda and spices together.
3. Cut candied fruits, dates, and figs into small pieces and toss in a small amount of the flour mixture.
4. Combine the coated fruits, dates, and figs into a large bowl with the pecans, raisins, and currants. Set aside.
5. Cream together butter and sugar in a large bowl of an electric mixer on high speed about 2 minutes.
6. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each is added.
7. Mix in the coffee.
8. Stop the mixer and add the flour mixture.
9. Mix on low speed until just combined.
10. Use a wooden spoon to mix in the fruit and nut mixture until everything is incorporated.
11. Drop batter onto ungreased baking sheet in walnut-size mounds about 2 inches apart.
12. Bake 14 to 16 minutes or until the tops are lightly browned. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
Makes 6 dozen
Hmmm. Well. Rocks, indeed. I think I used a wee tad too much earth magic. Maybe I could use them to create a new rock garden? Sigh. Well, you enjoy yours while I shovel mine into the back yard. Happy Tuesday!